'PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS'- INSPIRED BY ROWEN


"IF YOU LIVE FOR A CAUSE, BE WILLING TO DIE FOR THAT SAME CAUSE"

I was honored to get in a conversation with one of my blog readers who came across a particular post of mine [PURPOSE OF LIFE- 'THE APPLE TREE' [Part 1]] then contacted me through my inbox on Facebook and we evolved to the WhatsApp messenger.

Now the good thing about our conversation wasn't because he happens to be a foreigner but better still because he is an intellectual.

Our discussion hovered around 'Purpose of Life' and questions where asked and answered between ourselves and then what inspired this particular article titled the 'Pursuit of Happiness' came from a particular question of mine.

What is the greatest movie of all times to you?

That very question birthed a lot of ideas from my end and I guess it did from his own end as well.

Ever been in a serious conversation and someone asks you a question that feels off-point but then you realize it actually was a pillar to the conversation? That is exactly what happened that day.

I asked that question and had to give an answer to mine first just in case he didn't get the fact that I wasn't derailing from the conversation but building a pillar instead- my answer was 'Slumdog Millionaire'(story of the guy whose past helped him through the present- 'Experiences') and his was 'Pursuit of Happiness'.

[Look out for my forth coming article 'SLUMDOG WRITER- JOURNEY TO PENNING DOWN MY THOUGHTS']

In his words and I quote, "Mine is the Pursuit of Happyness which tells a story of a  Chicago investment banker- Chris Gardner (Will Smith). He endured countless struggles, homelessness, abuse failed relationship until he eventually overcame and started his own investment bank".

Though I started with this phrase but then let me restructure it into a question;

The cause which you live for each day, would you die for it as well if put through the phase of time?

What are you willing to sacrifice to achieve a purposeful cause?

Is it worth it?

If you can answer all three questions genuinely and confidently, then you just got on the right voyage to the "PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS".

"DON'T EVER LET SOMEONE TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO SOMETHING. NOT EVEN ME- YOU GOT A DREAM, YOU GOTTA PROTECT IT. WHEN PEOPLE CAN'T DO SOMETHING THEMSELVES, THEY'RE GONNA TO TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO IT. YOU WANT SOMETHING, GO GET IT- PERIOD" 
 -Will Smith (The Pursuit of Happyness film).

Bon Voyage!!!

2 comments:

  1. Tejiri,

    I appreciate you taking the time to respond to one of your blog readers. It was a great and insightful conversation we had. I thank you for sharing your thoughts with me, and am inspired by the fact that you have taken a simple conversation between us two and made it into a post that can benefit all. Your creativity amazes me. Write on, you have given me strength to do same.

    Best,

    Rowen

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.