'SELF APPRECIATION'- JOURNEY TO SELF RECOGNITION

"Rather than beat yourself up on what you can't do, take a moment and appreciate what you can do".

Ever tried achieving a goal and be grateful to yourself for doing that?

True, every now and then we as humans try everything within our power to making sure those we love if not everyone around us, are satisfied. Usually, we go the extra mile in achieving these goal just to put a smile on the other parties face but then again- What if you weren't appreciated?

Many people do things to please others and displease themselves which isn't too good for the human health.  It would be a different case when one has the resources in excess and decides to please others rather than you going out of your way (usually get into debt) just because you want to 'please everyone'.

The human race, no matter what you do can never be satisfied so why not channel that love to yourself then appreciate oneself?

How do you feel when you help out a friend and you weren't appreciated or when you needed a favour (not because you are owed one), your request is declined?

Many at times, we humans begin to lament about what we have done for others and when it came to their turn to return a favour, they were no show. Whose fault is it?

If truly you need a genuine appreciation then go out of your way to please yourself and appreciate yourself to save you such situations.

Using myself as a case study, growing up was I'd say 'rosy' ( beautiful but still had thorns) for those that understand the figurative term 'Rosy'. I was everyone's buddie all because I was that nice guy who never said 'No' to anyone. I'd even take a loan just to give you in need (many at times they never pay back) but then, the repercussions come back to me.

My University days taught me a lot specially owing to the fact that way back when the 'blackberry' smartphone was a compulsory for every youth, i didn't get one for myself but I'd purchase one for my partner in every relationship I found myself and give or take one month, I become history.

LOL

...then I realized I had been 'Stingy' to myself while i was 'Santa Claus' to others, so this had to change.

Don't forget the fact that it is harder to decline a girl than your fellow guy.

I remember the first time I said 'No' to a then girlfriend, I felt so happy like I just won a lottery. It wasn't so hard after all. Don't get me wrong- I ain't saying it's a crime to be nice but then I am saying you as a being goes first because only in a moment would you realize it's just you and you alone. 

A PERSONS WORTH IN THIS WORLD IS ESTIMATED ACCORDING TO THE VALUE THEY PUT ON THEMSELVES -JEAN DE LA BRUYERE

Try dying and tell me if that person you so much want to please would die with you or take your place. So why give you $9 when I have $10 and I haven't had anything to eat yet you want to use yours to go shopping?

We only live life once so let's endeavor to make it worthwhile. Help others not because you need their appreciation or because you must but rather because 'You can Comfortably'.

You deserve to be appreciated everyday of your life till you meet your creator and just you and only you can appreciate yourself better.

I am OTJOFFICIAL and this is my own perspective to "SELF APPRECIATION".

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.