MONOGAMY OR POLYGAMY?



So I thought it was time to share this piece out here on "Monogamy" as it is commonly called;

Before y'all begin to wonder what I'm up to this time I would like to state clearly that Polygamy is a matter of choice and I'm not promoting polygamy but i want us to have an unbiased and non hypocritical down to earth discussion about this deep and sensitive one man one wife concept.

Everyday we see series of pre-wedding pics, we see pics of a happily married lady with her husband and lovely children and we see ladies gush over their significant other not forgetting those who will threaten fire and brimstone if their hubby ever imagine the possibility of a second wife but I want these ladies to wait and think for a minute about that young widow who is faced with the challenges of being a single parent, about that innocent divorcee whose husband against all odds threw her out, about that mature unmarried single mum that keeps meeting un-serious unmarried single men and about that unmarried lady who is probably in her 40s and have had series of heart breaks from callous single men.

Yes we know that the aforementioned set of ladies could still marry a never married single guy but except we want to fool each other we all know that in most cases if single guys have the choice to make,they would mostly go for single ladies with no child rather than a young widow with children, a young divorcee with children or a single mum.

The big question is "Who will marry this set of ladies? I know it will be easy for anyone to quickly say, 'shebi there are widowers, male divorcees with children or even single guys who can still marry them' but it is easier to say this if you are not in their shoes.

No matter how hard some people go against polygamy, i strongly believe it is the answer to the prayers of some ladies but what can I say in a world where hypocrisy is a norm? A world where a man of 70 celebrates 40 years monogamous wedding anniversary with one lady while keeping other children with different mothers outside the same marriage and a crazy world where even the young married men who sing the "i love my wife" lyrics will gladly keep a side Chic? Oh! I guess it's OK as long as these men are married to one lady!

In my opinion I believe the one man one woman concept is flawed for many reasons and it is a good thing Islam is not against it neither is the bible asides the "advice" given in the bible to General Overseers to be husband of one wife.

Conclusively, I would leave this topic open for discussion but when next you see a widow with children, a lady divorcee with children or a single mum finding solace in the hands of a married man, before you start judging just wait, close your eyes for a minute and put yourself in their position and ask yourself... "should i continue to wait for single men who hardly want to marry me? should i remain celibate and continue to burn with passion? should i just throw caution to the wind and allow different men take advantage of my condition by having flings with me? or should i gladly allow a married man to have me as a wife as long as he has the finance to take care of his polygamous status?

And if you are a married lady reading this; please before you start lashing out at me, wait till you find yourself in such situations.

I don't know if this makes sense but I leave it open for all to discuss.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.